The Elements reBOOT Partners
smart people doing big things in DC
THE Elements reBOOT GUIDED HIKES
Margaret Rietano: Hiking Guide, Elements Founder ’07 & Director
In the winter of 2007, Margaret started The Elements so that her four kids and their friends could get outdoors during the ‘off’ season. With the few precious day-light hours between the end of school and the early evening, Margaret would get the first Elements kids deep in the woods of Montrose Park. They were delighted to be amongst a group of friends, exploring the winter woods, and experiencing activities that don’t happen in rectangles and diamonds. Margaret continues to fine tune Elements and puts together a team of the most capable and informed instructors so that all (kids & adults too) involved will have fun, be safe, and reap the rewards of time spent outdoors. Margaret spent much of her childhood and many a summer day exploring and working on a family farm in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia. She acclimated to the colder climes during her years at the University of Vermont. When not studying, she worked on Shelburne Farms and then went on to earn a degree in Landscape Design at George Washington University. It was through these experiences and parenting her children that she realized the importance and impact of outdoor and experiential learning. Margaret is Wilderness First Aid trained and certified. She lives in NW Washington with her husband and family. For questions email email@example.com and to learn more about Elements check out www.theelementsdc.com.
Fran Barnes: Hiking Guide & Elements Assistant Director
Fran was born and raised in the wilds of Maine, was a camp counselor, NOLS graduate, mother of 2 and avid runner. Fran has logged many a mile on the woodland trails of Washington DC and knows them like the back of her hand. She is passionate about getting kids (and us big folk) into the outdoors for fresh air, exercise and adventure.
Celine Delany: Hiking Guide
Despite living in Washington, DC for the last 15 years, Celine continues to be surprised with all the incredible opportunities in DC to be in the outdoors. Celine taught Outdoor Education while attending Georgetown University and is aNOLS Alaska graduate. After teaching secondary education in France for a year, Celine obtained a master’s degree in education before deciding to go an entirely different route post-graduation. She joined the team of the late Chef Michel Richard at Citronelle in Washington, DC until she and her husband had their first son. Now a mother to three super active young boys, spending time in great outdoors is a necessity! The Elements for Kids program is what surreptitiously brought Celine to The Elements for Adults. Celine, her husband, and her three boys spend the vast majority of the time enjoying the outdoors of Washington, D.C. (and other regions of the country and the world as much as possible!). Celine is an avid trail runner, skier, camper, and hiker.
MASSAGE by Marianne Panke, LMT
Marianne has been in practice as a Massage Therapist for over two decades. She offers a serene, therapeutic and restorative massage to alleviate the stress and strain that hectic city life can have on your body, nervous system and mind. While you relax and your mind slows down, she addresses the chronic issues that often result from stress or an active life style. She maintains a license to practice Massage in Virginia and DC and is Nationally Board Certified in Massage Therapy.
An avid hiker and lover of the outdoors, Marianne supports the mission of The Elements DC as it helps you reBOOT close to home.
The Nitty Gritty:
- For reBOOT participants, Marianne will be offering a discounted rate of $80 for 60 minutes or $100 for 90 minutes. This is a discount of over 20%! This special will run from Sept 17, 2017 through Oct 20, 2017,
- Please contact her with any questions regarding her work and to schedule your appointment at her Spring Valley Office.
- Marianne Panke, LMT – www.mariannepanke.com
- firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-834-0416
Christy Halvorson Ross: Little Green LLC
Christy is a certified holistic health and nutrition coach and a raw food educator. She received her education and certifications through Institute for Integrative Nutrition and the Raw Food Institute, and founded Little Green in 2011. Since then, she has been leading nutritional programs for over 700 participants. Christy is very excited to partner with the Elements, combining nutritious food and the health of moving in the outdoors for all participants! Daily exercise, ideally outdoors is a critical part of the cleansing experience!
A few words from Little Green cleansers: ” The cleanse exceeded my expectations. I had no idea that it would teach me so much about nutrition.” ” Christy, besides being key to arming us to cleanse, your recipes are excellent. To everyone else, thank you for the smart questions and support.” “Fantastic, I hadn’t anticipated how powerful the group would be–so great to get others’ perspectives. The daily e-mails totally kept me going…”
The Nitty Gritty
- If you are a reBOOTer looking to clean up naughty nutritional habits consider adding on the 10 day Little Green Cleanse (Sept 17 – 27). Interested reBOOTers will get a discount code after registering for Elements reBOOT and can then apply code when registering with Little Green.
- WHAT YOU GET:
- Special access to a private Members’ Portal on the Little Green website for 10 days. Dozens of recipes, tips, techniques, grocery lists and more.
- Daily encouragement e-mail to the group: Every morning during the cleanse, check your inbox to get an email from Christy, focusing on what is at hand that day, and giving you tips about nutrition and health and specific foods.
- A new recipe & nutrient highlight daily! Includes a photo and tips from Christy’s own kitchen.
- Google Discussion Group: Support from others participating in Christy’s cleanse–and the opportunity to ask them questions about what they are going through, or where to buy coconut water, etc.
- Private Email Access: You have the opportunity to ask questions daily of Christy, via private email or the group email, if you choose to do
Kat Basile: Kitch Kat CATERING
Kat Basile has been cooking and delivering healthy meals to busy families since 2010. She is excited to support our reBOOT participants achieve success by helping you with ‘Little Green Cleanse’ meal- prep, cooking and hub or home delivery during the cleanse. She will work with you and the Little Green Meal-Plan Recipes so you can focus on your well-being without the hassle of shopping, chopping, dicing etc.
The Nitty Gritty
- SIGN-UP: Order your food at www.littlegreen.me/shop by Sept 13th
- COST: Kat will be offering reBOOT participants 10% off her regular rates for the Little Green Cleanse meal prep and delivery during the reBOOT.
- Click here for a look-see at the 10 day meal plan, delivery & payment details. Kat and Christy have worked closely to create a 10 Day Little Green Meal Plan menu.
- Containers will be in eco-friendly, biodegradeable, compostable containers. Can’t get much better than that!
OTHER SMALL BUSINESSES THAT ELEMENTS LOVES & SUPPORTS:
Karim Brittain: Interval Fitness in the Great Outdoors
Karim Brittain is a personal fitness trainer and consultant who has spent the past 15 years motivating children and adults to lead healthy lifestyles and incorporate fitness into their everyday routine. Karim has successfully managed his own personal consulting business, Interval Fitness, for the past ten years. He has developed fitness plans and routines for a range of clients including beginner and advanced clients, pre-natal and clients, seasoned athletes, and persons recovering from injury or illness. Karim has developed a steady following for his outdoor, year-round boot camp style training groups. Karim’s fitness philosophy is that fitness should be enjoyable as well as effective, and aim to challenge his clients with training programs that are safe, fun, and achieve results. Karim holds a BS in Exercise Physiology, has been certified by the National Academy of Sports Medicine, and maintains certification in First Aid, AED and CPR.
- Please send Karim an email if you are interested in joining one of his workout sessions; email@example.com.
Skin Care by Sonali, LLC – FACIAL & BODY WRAPS
Sonali is a cosmetologist specializing in advanced skin care services. She trained in both Switzerland and England and has been practicing in DC for the last 10 years. Here is what Washingtonian Magazine says about Skincare by Sonali: “Sonali Sahni starts off every Basic Facial with a massage. Face, head, neck, and shoulders are involved, and her strong fingers work out kinks with the finesse of a massage therapist. It’s only after this that the facial begins. Using Guinot products, she exfoliated, hydrated, and went after our tester’s blackheads—facials are customized to the client. The last salvo in the hour long treatment was a brightening mask. Sahni’s home spa studio—with its own entrance, an oversize striped lounge chair, glossy wood floors, and filmy white curtains—was so serene that our tester had a hard time leaving. Of note: Sahni has an ardent following for facials, body treatments, and waxing, so book well in advance if you’re after a specific day and time.”
- Appts at home studio: 5039 Reno Rd., NW (entrance at front porch & door to the left);
- To book appointments call 202-689-9940 or book at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Core72: Awesome swag owned by Ferrall Dietrich:
Core72, is a local, woman-owned activewear and lifestyle boutique. Core72 brings to DC a unique and personally curated selection of brands designed for our active as well as casual lifestyles. Ferrall Dietrich opened Core72 to showcase these companies in a local, boutique environment where extraordinary customer service, product knowledge and high quality is valued above all else. As an avid trail runner, hiker, equestrian and general outdoor/exercise enthusiast, she has years of hands on experience with many of the brands carried at Core72, from Oiselle and Icebreaker to Omgirl and Carve Designs. She has loved them, lived in them and actively tested them – and found them just too good not to share! Many of the companies found at Core72 are woman-owned with products designed and made in the USA. In addition to selling the apparel that inspires us to stay active (and relax afterwards!), Core72 collaborates with local small businesses and non profits to foster a community of active, adventurous girls and women who inspire and encourage one another to take on new challenges, no matter how big or small. As a native Washingtonian, it is very important to Ferrall that Core72 not just be about retail, but also about supporting our community however possible – whether through donations and in store events or simply by highlighting the wealth of outdoor resources right in our backyard.
- Store locations: Cathedral Commons; 3316 Wisconsin Ave, NW or Chevy Chase, DC 55012 Connecticut Ave., NW
“Our mission at Beautycounter is to get safe products in the hands of everyone”
- Lissa welcomes any reBOOTers to come to her home in the Palisades neighborhood to learn more about BeautyCounter, sample and order products.
- Lissa is also available to chat with you personally or meet with your customized group.
- Appointments can be made via cell: 917/903-8567 or email at email@example.com or website; beautycounter.com/clarissapotter